General Rules of Discipline
- Respect the nation, the national flag, the national anthem, the national song, parents, teachers and elders. Treasure the nation’s rich and varied heritage, its culture and its vast physical and human resources. Pledge your loyalty to the Motherland; treat its citizens with courtesy and respect.
- Students shall behave politely with staff of the college. They shall also be well mannered with the general public. Students shall maintain discipline and decorum in the campus, classrooms, lab, library, playground and hostels.
- Students shall carry with them identity cards issued by the college both in and outside campus. They shall produce the same when required by the college authorities or law enforcement agencies. The identity cards thus issued by the college are applicable only for the period of their stay in the college. Identity cards shall be renewed annually.
- Students shall not bring public to the campus. Such instances are highly uncalled for and disciplinary action would be taken against such students. Except for bonafide reasons, entry of public to the campus is strictly prohibited.
- Entry of private vehicles (other than that of staff, students or people on official visit) are restricted in the campus. Staff and students shall park their vehicles in the space earmarked for the purpose. Loud horns and sounds by vehicles that which disturbs serenity of the campus shall be strictly avoided.
- Smoking, consumption of liquor and other intoxicants in the campus are strictly prohibited. Students are advised to not indulge in such immoral and unhealthy habits even outside the college campus.
- Use of mobile phones in the premises, playing cards, use of radio, music players, sound producing items, crackers, explosives, lethal weapons are strictly prohibited inside the campus.
- Disfiguring and discoloring college walls, damaging furniture, black boards, notice boards and other things are acts of gross indiscipline, which shall be avoided.
- Laboratory equipment shall be used with care and caution.
- Before a teacher enters the classroom students shall sit in the classes in order. Teachers decision is final regarding allowing of late comers
- Students shall avoid loitering on the corridor when classes are in progress.
- If a teacher doesn’t turn up for a class within 5 minutes, students can proceed for library, playground of audiovisual room by taking permission from the Principal, the requisition submitted through class representative. One to be taken to ensure that such movement does not disturb on going classes.
- Except in the above-mentioned places sitting and moving in any other places by students are prohibited when class are not held.
- Students indulging in group clashes, inciting violence, ragging would be suspended without any enquiry.
- It is the responsibility of the respective classes to maintain orderliness of classroom walls, furniture, black board, doors & windows & electrical item. In case of damage done to any of the above cost of the stated item would be collected from the class or from the individuals responsible.
- Use of mobile phones, music players, sound producing equipment, playing cards, possession of crackers, explosives, lethal weapons are termed as unlawful.
- Defacing walls, damaging furniture, black board, notice boards and other materials belonging to the college shall not be done. The laboratory equipment shall be handled with care.
- Students shall be seated in proper order when teacher enters the classroom after bell. It is left to the discretion of a teacher regarding allowing a student who is late for the class.
- Roaming around on the corridor during class time is prohibited.
- If the teacher doesn’t turn up to take class within 5 minutes students, with the permission principal, can go to library, playground or audiovisual room. But there shall not be disturbance to other classroom going to any other places, other than class stated in the above, are prohibited.
- Students indulging tights clashes will be suspended from college without any enquiry.
- Any sort of grievance or complaints arising out of inadequacies feel about classroom, laboratories, library, sports, canteen, playground and other utilities, may be brought to the notice of the Principal thought class representatives.
- Conducting meetings, organizing events, fund raising, selling ticket/commodities, distribution of propaganda materials, advertising, organizing competitions/tournaments, conducting private classes, arranging political/social/religious assembly or activities etc. without prior permission from the Principal/Administration, are strictly prohibited. The Principal reserves the right to give permission to any of the above, which will be done solely on the merit of a case.
- It is the responsibility of the students of respective to classes ensure that furniture, black board, door, windows, and others remain in good condition or proper order during the period of stay. Any damages done to these materials would be made good by the way of living cost of repair or replacement on the entire class.
- Participation in NCC, NSS, sports, co-curricular or extra curricular activities is mandatory.
- Those students who break the rules of discipline would be penalized with hefty fine, further considering the extent of the crime () the administration may be consider dismissed from the college.
- It is the anticipation of the administration that students follow the ideals stood for by Field Marshal K M Cariappa.
A NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS
As it is understood that the role of parents/ guardians in overall development of the students is irrefutable and important, parents/guardians are requested to take note of the following.
Parents/guardians are requested to co-operate with the college by guiding their wards to follow the rules of discipline of the college. Parents/guardians shall take special care to ensure that their wards study at home on a daily basis, attend the classes regularly and also take active interest in personality development exercises.
Parents/guardians shall visit the college at least 4-5 times during the year at their time of convenience and discuss with the Principal and concerned staff the matters related to their wards’ conduct in the college, academic progress and other matters. They shall attend meetings of Parent-Teachers Association convened by Principal from time to time.
Parents/guardians shall take note that college does not organize pleasure trips. However, tours with educational objective such as botanical tours, trips to historical places, industry visits, field trips etc. will be organized as per the rules of the University. But without prior permission of the Principal, no official of the college would organize excursions, tours or field trips.