A) General rules
- Students shall observe absolute silence and maintain right decorum in the library.
- They shall also keep cleanliness and order.
- Books and newspapers shall not be defaced, torn or mutilated.
- Students shall be courteous with the library staff.
- Students shall not take their bags, luggage or any other things to reading room, reference section or borrowers section. All belongings should be kept in the property counter.
- While borrowing books/newspapers/magazines for reference or reading purpose students shall produce identity cards to the concerned staff, if asked to do so.
- If the library service is found to be inadequate, it may be brought to notice of the librarian in written form and a copy of the same may also be submitted to the Principal.
B) Rules regarding borrowing books
- Library service is available to the students from 9.30 am to 5.00 pm on all the working days except on Saturday, on which day library will remain open up to 1.00 pm.
- Books can be borrowed on all weekdays except on Saturday.
- Each student will be given two borrowers cards; a book can be borrowed against each card. Borrowers card and Identity card shall be produced at the time of borrowing.
- In case a student loses borrowers card, he/she shall inform the librarian about the same in written form. New borrowers card will be issued on payment of Rs. 5/-.
- A student can keep a book borrowed, for a period of fifteen days from the date of borrowing or up to a period as notified by the librarian. Those who do not return the borrowed books within the due date shall have to pay penalty at the rate of 50 paise per day that is calculated upto the date of return. Defaulting students will be barred from availing library facilities until penalties are paid and the receipts of payments are produced.
- Books borrowed before midterm holidays shall be returned within first three days from the day of reopening.
- Borrowed books shall not be given to others. It is the responsibility of the borrower to ensure that books are returned in good condition. Nothing should be written or marked on pages of books nor they shall be torn or defaced. At the time of borrowing, students shall check the books for any damages and in case of any deficiency the same may be brought to the notice of the library staff.
- In the cases of books being returned in bad condition or books lost, the borrower shall have to bear the loss. In such cases, stipulated penalty shall have to be paid or the books shall have to be replaced, as directed by the librarian. In case the lost book is a part of volumes/series, entire volume shall have to be replaced.
- Book catalogs have been maintained in order to help students to get quick information about books.
- Books for reference can be obtained by producing identity cards and such books shall not be taken out of library.
- Students shall not carry newspapers or magazines outside library. Penalty of Rs. 10/- would be levied for breaking this rule.
C) Book Bank
- Book bank facility is intended for students who are meritorious but economically poor.
- A student who wishes to avail book bank facility shall submit an application in prescribed form at the beginning of the academic year.
- A committee constituted by the Principal would finalize the list of beneficiaries of Book bank.
- Books borrowed from a Book bank can be used till the end of the academic year or till the date as notified by the Principal.
- SC/ST Book Bank caters to the students belonging to SC/ST communities and UGC Book Bank facility is extended to meritorious students in general.