- Consistently meet the universal goals of higher education in terms of promotion of quality teaching, excellence in learning and superior research culture aimed at the larger welfare of humankind and other life forms.
- Institutionalize value system, integrate quality and excellence into the delivery system and work towards realization of envisaged goals and vision
- Continuously update its mission so as to meet the challenges of the time so as to significantly contribute to human resource development and capacity building of individuals thereby to the National Development
- Play a significant role in the region to cater to diverse range of learners in a way that support not only their learning needs and career expectation but also promote lifelong learning and increasing access to higher education
- Be change agents who inspire, support and guide students in achieving their intended academic and career goals while also inculcate values amongst students commensurate with the social, democratic, cultural, national, economic, environmental realities
- Update their knowledge, skills and competencies that facilitates not only growth at individual level but also ultimately benefit students and society
- Use technology and modern teaching aides for enrichment of teaching and learning
- Engage in research, consultancy and extension programmes that largely benefit the society
- Provide motivation for inquisition, innovation, improvisation and interaction among all other stakeholders in the interest of higher education
- Acquire knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for individual growth and for the development of the Nation.
- Adopt value system that facilitates one’s personal growth and serves the cause of social justice, equity and enrichment of public life
- Persevere towards personality development and acquitting life skills engaging effectively in co-curricular and extra curricular activities and social work
- Recognise the need for institutionalising quality and excellence in all matters of leadership and governance
- Facilitate the proliferation of quality culture in teaching, learning and evaluation
- Establish excellent academic and physical infrastructure and other allied facilities in order to build an environment conducive to the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- Provide equitable access to higher education transcending the barriers of rural – urban, rich-poor divide
- Enlist participation of wide cross section of people in higher education so as to create viable knowledge society
- Obtain commitment of all employees to quality and excellence as a collective responsibility